Forest Valuation Subcommittee
Keith Lamb (Convener)
Rudolf van Rensburg
Terms of Reference for the Subcommittee
1. A standing Sub-committee of the Institute of Foresters Australia be created with the purpose of promoting and managing updates to the Australian Forest Valuation Standard
2.The Sub-committee will prepare a works plan for reviewing and promoting the AFVS, for endorsement by the IFA.
3. The works plan to include a biannual meeting schedule comprising:
- one meeting per year dedicated to a review of the AFVS under a works plan to be agreed by the committee, and
- one meeting per year to provide a workshop forum to discuss topics of interest
4. The Sub-committee will publicise meetings and invitations will be issued to Members of the IFA and other interested parties;
5. The Sub-committee will seek to establish formal ties with the New Zealand Standard Valuation Working Group;
6. The Sub-committee will provide an expert forum for determining disputes or providing advice on matters of interest to users and practitioners;
7. The Sub-committee seek support from appropriate funding sources to provide funding for further development and promotion of the AFVS;
Australian Forest Valuation Standard
The Australian Forest Valuation Standard provides guidance for forest valuers in conducting a valuation.
The standard and an accompanying handbook are available for downloading below.
A Standard for Valuing Commercial Forests in Australia - Version 2.1
Handbook to accompany “An Australian Standard for Valuing Commercial Forests" - Version 2