Volunteer with us
The IFA is an active professional association and community.
At any one time there are over 50 volunteers serving the IFA as part of a committee, as a Director or on a project specific working group.
The benefits of volunteering with the IFA include:
- Serving and assisting the forest profession and forest growing community
- Extending your forestry networks and participate in a professional forestry community
- Opportunities to develop skills and experience
- Volunteering can assist with your professional and personal development
- Growing your awareness of the issues and opportunities in the sector
- Volunteering looks great on a resume!!
Volunteers can expect to participate in 4 – 5 committee meetings (face to face or via videoconference) each year and on average spend two - three additional hours each month working in their areas of interest. In line with good governance principles we are seeking individuals with a variety of skills and experiences.
If you are an IFA member and have a passion for the forestry profession or growing trees, the IFA invites you to consider volunteering for one of the following opportunities: