Forestry Australia Mentoring Program
12-month Mentoring Program
More information to follow shortly
Conference Mentoring Program
About the program:
The Forestry Australia Mentoring Committee is calling for applicants from those who are registered to attend the conference (either in person or online), to participate in a Conference Mentoring Program.
Would you like:
- an opportunity to discuss your career aspirations and future in forestry?
- a connection who will support you to reflect on professional achievements and professional challenges?
- to share your personal and professional insights and constructive guidance?
- the satisfaction from helping others and contributing to the future success of forestry?
The format of the Conference Mentoring Program is short, targeted and will take place for the duration of the conference. Participants will be able to engage either in person or electronically. The program is designed to establish connections within the forestry sector by pairing experienced forestry professionals to work with recent graduates, early career, and later career professionals to assist them with their professional development and career progression within an organised and supportive framework.
The program will consist of 3 x 20-minute discussions between the mentor and mentee conducted throughout the conference and followed by a de-brief with all the participants.
- Introduction and first mentoring session - 1.30pm Monday 11 October
- Second & third 20-minute mentoring sessions – Tuesday 12 & Wednesday 13 October
- De-brief via Zoom – 2.30 pm (AEDT) Thursday 21 October
As participants may be in different locations, the mentoring relationship may be conducted in person, on the phone, via Facetime or other forms of communication.
Call for applications
We are calling for applications from both mentors and mentees. A maximum of 25 mentees matched with 25 mentors. So, hurry if you want to take part!
: 12.00 noon Friday 1 October.
: The program is for those attending the conference and is free to participate in
: 3.0 points
The information you provide will help us match the right mentee with the right mentor, based on experience, skills and what you both want to achieve from the Conference Mentoring Program.
to Apply to be a Mentor
to Apply to be a Mentee
All successful matches will be advised and e-introduced to your mentoring partner on Tuesday 5 October.
You will also be provided with a mentoring program package of resources to help you prepare and maximise the outcomes from the Conference Mentoring Program.
Jim Wilson (Chair)