The IFA/AFG is calling for applications to attend the Gottstein Understanding Wood Science Course.
Please note: The Understand Wood Science Course has been postponed until 21 – 26 June 2020
Applications have been extended:
- Are you an IFA/AFG member?
- Would you like assistance to attend the Gottstein Wood Science Course?
- Are you studying full time or under 35 years old and working in forestry?
to 9.00am Tuesday 2 March 2020.
Click HERE to download the application form
The Institute of Foresters of Australia (IFA/AFG) and the Future Foresters Initiative (FFI) are offering financial support to assist students and early-career professionals and researchers to attend the Gottstein Understanding Wood Science Course in February 2020.
The IFA will provide funding to cover registration for eligible applicants.
These scholarships are offered via a grant from the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources - Leadership in Agricultural Industries Fund.
Gottstein Understanding Wood Science Course
- An early career professional or university student to 35 years studying or working within sectors such as forest/natural resource management, agriculture, farm forestry, agronomy, urban/greenspace planning or other environment/forest-related discipline?
- Passionate about the role of trees and forests in supporting sustainable and healthy cities, farms/rural landscapes and communities?
- A current IFA Student, Young Professional or Professional member?
- Interested in developing your leadership and forestry knowledge and skills?
For more information about the visit
What is on offer:
Complimentary registration to attend the Wood Science Course.
Successful applicants will be required to:
Attend the course and field trips
- Submit of a 250-word post course report and photos that may be to be published in The Forester
- Please note that due to the terms of the grant, any Commonwealth salary employee is excluded.
- Applications close 9.00am Tuesday 4 February 2020.