Become a Registered Forestry Professional
Download an RFP application form here.
Information for Applicants
Any Voting Member of the Institute of Foresters of Australia may apply for registration as a Registered Forestry Professional. Registrants are entitled to use the designation Registered Forestry Professional and the post-nominal RFP.
The Registered Forestry Professional scheme allows applicants to define and nominate the area/s of skills/expertise in which they seek recognition. Registrants each receive a Certificate identifying the approved area/s of skills/expertise.
Overview of requirements
Applications are invited from those who:
- Are eligible for membership of the IFA at Voting Member level
- Holds a suitable degree in forestry or related field
- Agree to abide by IFA Code of Ethics
- Have 5 years relevant professional experience which includes at least 2 years relevant experience in Australia
- Provide details sufficiently substantiating their recognition at one of the following recognised categories: General Practicing Forester; General Practising Forester with recognised skills; or Specialist in a particular subject. The last category recognises those who are not Foresters but who work in an area of forestry e.g.: ecology, fire, water catchment, research, academia, etc.
- Undertake (after approval) to complete at least 30 hours Continuing Professional Development each year
- Hold Professional Indemnity Insurance or where relevant, can provide a statement of cover or indemnity by employer (required only if employed and practicing in external consultancy).
- Program rules
- Download the detailed program rules for more information on eligibility criteria and CPD requirements for each RFP category.
All applications are assessed by the RFP Registration Committee.
IFA members $33.00
IFA members $33.00