APPLY NOW: Free registration to the IFA-AFG 2018 Forests for healthy cities, farms and people conference and optional Moderator/Pitcher roles as part of the Future Forest Leaders Program
- An early career professional or university student to 35 years studying or working within sectors such as forest/natural resource management, agriculture, farm forestry, agronomy, urban/greenspace planning or other environment/forest-related discipline?
- Passionate about the role of trees and forests in supporting sustainable and healthy cities, farms/rural landscapes and communities?
If so, read on to find out how to apply for assistance to:
- attend the IFA-AFG 2018 Forests for healthy cities, farms and people conference, University House, ANU, Canberra, 2-5thSeptember 2018
- optional - to participate in and/or take on a moderator or presenter role (with training provided on Sunday 2nd September 10am - 6pm) in the Students and Early Career Professionals Forum - Future Forest Leaders & mentoring activities
About the funding:
The Institute of Foresters of Australia (IFA) has obtained a grant from the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources - Leadership in Agricultural Industries Fund to develop leadership skills in early career professionals (up to age 35yrs). Limited sponsorship from the Australian National University’s Jack Westoby Fund will be also available to support participation of IFA student members in the conference.
We will provide:
Full subsidy of your conference registration fee. Free registration will be provided to allow participation in the conference and if of interest to you, the Future Forest Leaders program and mentoring activities.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, the process is simple! Apply here by Friday 13th July 2018, and we will be in touch with you. We encourage you to apply as we have a fantastic number of places available!
Questions? contact the IFA office on email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Please note, if you are successful in receiving a grant to attend the conference, the condition will be that you write a small article with a few captioned photos for IFA's bimonthly magazine, The Forester.
- Good at fostering lively group discussions, and/or getting people excited about your ideas?
- Keen to help find creative solutions to big challenges facing our urban and rural forests?
- Moderator at the 2018 forests roundtable discussion
Develop a discussion topic and facilitate a roundtable discussion under one of the following themes relating to forests in either urban or rural landscapes:
1. Valuing trees and forests
2. Forests and social-ecological health
3. Emerging technologies
4. Forest and science communication
- Presenter at the “Pitch your idea” session
3-5 minutes to pitch your idea to a panel of experts from industry, academia and government
Ideas should relate to the conference themes – we are looking to hear about practical applications of your research or research needs, innovative approaches to complex challenges, new methods or technologies…or surprise us!
- Full subsidy of your conference registration fee (including conference dinner)
- Additional travel funding for five interstate participants
- Support to develop your discussion topic/pitch
- One-day facilitation/pitching/communications training and professional networking/mentoring (Sunday September 2, 2018, 10am - 6pm)