Become a Registered Forestry Professional (RFP)
Download an RFP application form HERE.
Information for Applicants
The Registered Forestry Professional scheme is to provide recognition to those professionals working in forestry that their skills, knowledge and ethics meet a high standard and therefore will produce work of a high quality that can be trusted and relied upon. The RFP scheme is a voluntary, national system implemented by Forestry Australia, which recognises the currency of professional forestry knowledge, skills, ethics and experience by registering qualified professionals who have been approved for registration following assessment by the RFP Committee and approval by the Forestry Australia Board.
RFP applications are open to both members and non-members of Forestry Australia.
Overview of Requirements
Applications are invited from those who:
- Are eligible for membership of Forestry Australia at Voting Member level
- Holds a suitable degree in forestry or related field
- Agree to abide by Forestry Australia’s Code of Ethics
- Have 5 years relevant professional experience which includes at least 2 years relevant experience in Australia
- Provide details sufficiently substantiating their recognition at one of the following recognised categories: General Practicing Forester; General Practising Forester with recognised skills; or Specialist in a particular subject. The last category recognises those who are not Foresters but who work in an area of forestry e.g.: ecology, fire, water catchment, research, academia, etc.
- Undertake (after approval) to complete at least 30 hours Continuing Professional Development each year
- Hold Professional Indemnity Insurance or where relevant, can provide a statement of cover or indemnity by employer (required only if employed and practicing in external consultancy).
- Program rules
- Download the detailed program rules for more information on eligibility criteria and CPD requirements for each RFP category.
All applications are assessed by the RFP Registration Committee.
Please note: The application fee is non-refundable and is due at time of application.
Forestry Australia members $66.00