Forest Fundamentals Online Learning Program
This program will be available beginning 2023.
In 2022, Forestry Australia conducted a survey and consultation of major employers within the forest sector. The sector told us that there is a notable knowledge and skills gap within the Australian forest sector. Employers and foresters report that recent graduates need additional support and exposure to forestry science and practical forestry skills.
In response, Forestry Australia is developing an online learning program to assist the sector to help individuals build capacity with practical forestry knowledge and skills, targeting subjects and skill sets that are not easily or currently available. The online learning program will be available to Forestry Australia members, free, as part of their membership.
The purpose of the Forest Fundamentals Online Learning Program is to:
- Provide forestry-specific online learning material/opportunities targeting individuals with a science-based degree. These Continuing Professional Development opportunities are designed to assist with building the sector’s capacity with practical forestry knowledge and skills, targeting subjects and skill sets that are not easily or currently available.
- Target recent graduates and early career professionals working within the forest sector (including individuals changing roles within the sector).
- Capture and make available the extensive knowledge and skills of Forestry Australia members and subject matter experts.
- Curate pre-recorded sessions on a range of subjects that would be housed on the Forestry Australia website and made available to access at any time that is convenient to any members including young professionals.
- Provide continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities and a pathway to becoming a Registered Forestry Professional.