Forestry Australia recently conducted a survey and consultation of major employers within the forest sector. The sector tells us that there is a notable knowledge and skills gap within the Australian forest sector. Employers and foresters report that recent graduates need additional support and exposure to forestry science and practical forestry skills. In response, Forestry Australia is seeking to develop an online learning program to assist the sector to help individuals build capacity with practical forestry knowledge and skills, targeting subjects and skill sets that are not easily or currently available. It is hoped that the online learning program would be launched towards the end of 2021 and will be available to members, free, as part of their membership.
The purpose of the Forest Fundamentals Online Learning Program is to:
- Provide forestry-specific online learning material/opportunities targeting individuals with a science-based degree. These Continuing Professional Development opportunities are designed to assist with building the sector’s capacity with practical forestry knowledge and skills, targeting subjects and skill sets that are not easily or currently available.
- Target recent graduates and early career professionals working within the forest sector (including individuals changing roles within the sector).
- Capture and make available the extensive knowledge and skills of Forestry Australia members and subject matter experts.
- Curate pre-recorded sessions on a range of subjects that would be housed on the Forestry Australia website and made available to access at any time that is convenient to any members including young professionals.
- Provide continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities and a pathway to becoming a Registered Forestry Professional.
Request for Proposals
In order to develop the Forest Fundamentals Online Learning Program, Forestry Australia is seeking proposals from interested individuals and/or organisations with the appropriate expertise and experience to develop and deliver (record) online learning sessions from the list of identified subjects. The proposals will be reviewed and assessed by an Advisory Group that has been appointed by the Board.
We have negotiated permission with the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment to fund this program via the Leadership Grant. Proposals are to include a nominated honorarium.
Submissions close 30 March 2021.
CLICK HERE to download the Request for Proposal
CLICK HERE to download the Submission Template
If you have any questions in regards to the Forest Fundamentals Online Learning Program contact:
Forest Fundamentals Online Learning Program
P: 0439 336 511