Forestry Australia 2022 Mentoring Program
- Passionate about forestry?
- Thinking about the future of your forestry career?
- Interested in developing goals and strategies with an experienced professional who has been where you are now?
- Wanting to expand your forestry networks and connections?
- Or are you a forester or forestry leader looking to share your knowledge, invest in the future of the sector and help others by becoming a mentor?
- A member, or willing to become a member of Forestry Australia
Building on the success of the 2021 Conference Mentoring Program, Forestry Australia is pleased to announce that applications are now open for mentees and mentors to participate in our 2022 Mentoring Program.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
A mentoring relationship is a powerful development experience that can deliver personal and professional benefits for both mentors and mentees.
The program is designed to establish connections within the forestry sector by pairing experienced forestry professionals with those who are seeking to evolve their career. Engagement and connection can be in person or online, whatever works for you.
The Program has been developed around a framework and tool kit of resources which will support participants to ensure effective and sustainable knowledge transfer, skill acquisition and maintaining momentum for all participants.
Mentees and mentors would be asked to invest at least one hour a month to meet plus additional time to prepare for each meeting including goal setting, pre-reading, planning and reflection activities.
ANY AGE. ANY STAGE.
We are never too young or too old to benefit from mentoring. We believe that anyone can benefit from the offerings of the Forestry Australia Mentoring Program.
FEEDBACK FROM THE 2021 CONFERENCE PROGRAM
I really enjoyed the experience. My mentor was amazing, very helpful and open to talk about their experience in forestry. My mentor gave me invaluable advice and offered to keep in contact.
– Mentee 2021 Conferencing Mentoring Program
The Program offered a great opportunity to share experiences and understand and discuss contemporary issues with my mentee.
– Mentor 2021 Conference Mentoring Program
Applications for the 2022 Mentoring Program are now closed. Thank you to all those who have applied and will be in touch soon.
||22 March 2022
||5 May 2022
|End of 2022 Program
||1 December 2022
MENTORING PROGRAM CONTACTS
Mentoring Program Administration
P: 03 7065 4253
Jan Newport (Chair)