Forestry Australia Tasmania Division
Tasmanian Division Executive Committee Members 2022
Molly Marshall (Chair)
Nick Martyn (Vice Chair)
2022 Tasmanian Branch – Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Forestry Australia Tasmanian Branch would like to invite you upcoming AGM
Date: Friday 11 November 2022.
Time: 1:00pm – 1:30pm
- To download AGM notice, click HERE
- To download Agenda, click HERE
- To download minutes from last year, click HERE
- To download nomination form, click HERE
Forestry Australia TAS Division –10 September 2021
Date: Friday 10 September 2021
Time: 5.30-5.55 pm
Place: Albert Hall, Cimitiere St, Launceston
Prior to the TFFPN AGM and the Tasmanian Timber Awards evening.
Current Committee Members (2020-21) – Click HERE to see Appendix
Minutes to follow shortly
Business Summary, June to August 2020
The Tas. Division Exec. Committee provides the following Summary Notes to inform Tasmanian members of the committee’s current business, proposed activities and interests of relevance to members in Tasmania. The notes are in abbreviated form and are based on a precis of the committee’s record of meetings during regular intervals throughout the year.
The IFA/AFG Tas. Division regularly makes representations on behalf of members’ interests. Comments and communications are welcomed by members of the committee, whose email contacts are listed in the attached Appendix.
IFA/AFG TAS Division AGM – 3 August 2020
To download a copy of the minutes, click HERE
Chair: Martin Moroni
Deputy Chair: Jim Wilson
Secretary: Greg Unwin
Committee members: Alex Tabor, Nigel Calvert, Neville Calvert, Robin Dickson, Jay Fowler, Des King, Stephen Rymer, Tony Syonjek, Stephen Walker, Clive Woolridge, Nick Martyn.
The Tasmanian Committee acknowledgement of Tony Cannon: After many years of significant long-term contribution to AFG (including as AFG National President and Director, Life Member AFG/IFA and Chair and Committee member (Tasmania Branch), now IFA, Tony Cannon has decided to step down from the Tas. Division committee. The committee wishes to thank Tony for his dedication and professionalism in this role and wishes him and his family the very best for the future.
We welcome new committee member Nick Martyn, a professional forester with Technical Forest Services.
3 August and 1 June 2020 Committee Meetings
1. Over the past year, the Tasmanian Committee supported the selection of Tasmania for the IFA/AFG national conference to be held in October 2021, with committee members and regular members represented on the conference organising committee. We are very pleased to support the 2021 Conference to occur in Tasmania.
The Tasmanian Committee:
2. Responded to the Annual Review of Private Forests Service Levy, indicating general support for PFT.
3. Provided a Letter of FSC Certification Support re Forest Management carried out by Forico Pty Limited
4. Provided a detailed Review of Reliance Forest Fibre Draft Management Plan (Ver. 2)
5. Assisted with several issues raised by members relating to forest management and grower concerns.
6. Proposed an Advisory Note to members and growers (and their neighbours) to inform them to take necessary care and precaution in advance of the coming fire season(s). The IFA is seeking to collaborate with the Rural Fire Management Authority re possible workshops and/or information and training across land tenures to assist with fire season preparedness.
AFAC Tasmanian Bushfire Review